Thursday, May 19, 2005

Seen Any Good Movies Lately?

I'm having a really hard time writing this. I just wanted it to be so good, that it couldn't possibly meet the hype I had built for it. There's no way anything could. It's just unrealistic to go in with that kind of expectation and walk out satisfied.

Or, you know...NOT!!!

Sith lived up to everything I wanted it to be. Were there things I didn't like? Sure. Did those things ruin the movie? No, not in the slightest.

I was asked earlier this morning to use one word to describe it. Dark is the closest thing I could come up with. It's really really dark. I would even go so far as to say I'm surprised that is got away with a PG-13 rating. There's some heavy sh!t going on in this flick. It's not a bloody or gory or anything but there's A LOT of death. But the fact of the matter is, this film needed it. Lucas needed to show how far Anakin fell to become Vader and... boy, howdy.

It also did a nice job of tying into A New Hope and explaining things. My friends didn't think so, but I thought they really left a lot of things open to do more down the road if Lucas decided he wanted to.

There are still a lot of plot holes and things unexplained(like in a bad way unexplained), but I was truly expecting that. Nothing is perfect and you just have to take the good with the bad, and enjoy the good while trying not to think of that bad.

So all in all it was just amazing. A definite must see, even if you only liked Eps 4-6.

'slater,

Luthor...werd

No comments: