Saturday, June 25, 2005

Just What I Needed...

June 24, 2005...

The Royal Oak Music Theatre Presents:



Ofcourse I was there. Of the about 200 or so concerts I've gone to this was, by far, the most unique of the bunch.

Each time I've seen Eels they've rocked the house, but this tour isn't about the rock.

This was Eels...with Strings.

E(you know, coolest man on the face of the planet) accompanied by a string orchestra.

They played a wide range of Eels music(although my friend, Marc, thought they didn't play enough old stuff). From I Like Birds to Railroad Man to My Beloved Monster. They even played Novacaine for the Soul(probably the song they are most known for), which gradually turned into what can best be described as a sonic mind f*ck.

One of my favorite things has always been when artist reinterpret their own music and that was what this show was all about. E took slow songs and made them slower. He took hard rocking songs and made them harder, but with softer music. I can't do it justice in my description. Eels rock. Not much more to it then that. If they release an Ep of this tour(as they have done in the past), it's a definite must buy...and if you live in a city they haven't played yet, get off your ass and get to this show. You won't regret it.

'slater,

Luthor...werd

PS:

To John Legend,

BOOOOOOOO!

from E.

No comments: