Monday, March 14, 2005

Good Lord Tomorrow is Going to Suck...

Looking at the clock as I type this it's 1:42 am, and I have to be at work for 7:15 am. Can't sleep. Sucks. So why not do what all nerdy people do when they can't sleep...screw around on the computer. Yay!

It's been a while since I've talked about my Linux stuff. I'm still using it, just slowly teaching myself. I spent a few hours with it Friday night and was quite impressed. Thinking maybe the time is ripe to change completely. Only real gripes thus far have been with installation issues. It's kind of a pain in the ass, but when it works it's pretty sweet. If you want to give it a whirl, try something like Knoppix or Slax. Knoppix and Slax are whats called live boot CD's. These boot up right from your CD rom drive and require no installation and they run right from the drive. I really wish I had screwed around with those more before I installed Xandros, think I would have had an easier time with it.

While I'm still a hardcore Firefox supporter, I've noticed that some spyware has creeped onto my computer. I'm hoping that it's not from my beloved Firefox. I honestly don't think I could ever go back to IE. IE is just horse sh!t compared to Firefox. Get Firefox! Make the switch already!

Been screwing around with IRC lately. Using mIRC inparticular. It's ok. I've been using it to download cartoons. Most of the time the speed sucks, but it's pretty cool finding something you haven't seen since you were 11. Also nice to be able to talk to the people you are downloading from. It's not exactly the most user friendly program, so stay away computer novices.

I was digging on Digg.com(the coolest news type site on the net, I might add) and somone posted a story about getting free stickers from this site, Geekfury.com, if you mentioned them in your blog. Since I'm all about free stuff I thought I'd check it out. They are marketing a bunch of stickers directed at the geek set(as if Geekfury wasn't an indication of that). Most of them are pretty funny. So if you have a child that wants to deface a guitar with some nerdy stickers check them out(yes Peggy, that was directed at you).

Well it's 2:15 am now, I should probably go to bed.

'slater,

Luthor...werd

No comments: