Thursday, March 03, 2005

Believe...

Everybody knows that I'm a big wrestling fan. Everyone also knows that I'm a big video game fan. Now mix those two, and you have my favorite. I love wrestling games. There's nothing like playing as or beating up your favorite wrestler. The biggest problem is there aren't a lot of quality wrestling games out there.

Well I'm part of what can best be called a movement to change that.

A few years ago some folks were incredibly unhappy with all the problems with a (then) WWF game, and were very vocal about their dissatisfaction on the Gamefaqs forums. One guy in particular, Dave Wishnowski, was so upset about it that he tried to contact the games manufacturer. The treatment he received from the game maker was so bad that Dave decided that if they weren't going to try to make things better, he'd go out and do it himself.

After a few years of ups and downs, Dave and a crew of people have finally started making that game.

I've been following the path that Dave has been on almost from the beginning. Dave's been so kind as to email me(and several of his supporters) many times answering any questions we have or responding to email or even just to chat a little bit. When I was having a problem with a t-shirt I ordered, Dave went so far as to call me.

Think about that for a minute. When was the last time the president of a company called you when you had a problem? That's what makes this whole movement special. Dave has sworn that no one will go unheard, and no question will go unanswered. That whole mentality has gathered a flock of fans who are dieing to play our game.

You can join the revolution at Wrestling Gamer's United and Pro Wrestling X(the Game's of Official Website).


'slater,

Luthor...werd

No comments: