Thursday, November 10, 2005

Dating Is Scary...

So...

A few weeks ago I decided it was time to get back on the horse, so to speak, and I joined an online dating service.

The site that I've been using has you put up pictures of yourself, write a description of who you are and then post it for the world to see. After you've done this you can look through other people's profiles and if you like what you see, send them a message and vice versa. This site has a built in IM feature as well, so if the person wants to, they can IM you and you can talk on that.

This whole concept is totally mindboggling to me. While I'm not a really shy person, I am pretty bashful and just randomly picking people to talk to really freaks me out.

I've been speaking with about 6 girls regularly, and I've taken out 2 of them. Both were nice enough people, but neither of them is the kind of person I see myself with. I'm most likely going to go out with at least 2 more of them in the next few weeks. It's a total trip, man.

I don't know that I've ever really dated before. Anyone that I've gone out with, 99% of the time, has been someone that I've had another kind of relationship with. It's just so strange.

I'll let you guys know more about that in time.

This weekend I'm off to Chicago to see my beloved Bears take(down) on the 49ers. Marc, Rich and I are leaving Saturday morning and returning Monday. I'm so stoked. I've been working so much lately that I forget what it's like having more then a day off in a row. Having multiple days off and going to see my favorite team play just rocks. So everyone needs to make a quick prayer, to whatever it is you pray to, that the Bears totally dominate the 49ers on Sunday. Thanks!

I've been hurting for bucks(mainly because of the whole "dates" thing) for the past couple of weeks, so I haven't really been able to pick up as many comics as I usually do. So Comic Of The Week is on hold, it will return, probably changed somehow. There's a lot of really good stuff out there right now. Check out Supreme Power, Powers, Infinite Crisis, Justice and a whole hoard of stuff. Comics are really going through somekind of maturation process right now, and the books(both art and story) have never been better.

If you aren't watching My Name is Earl and Curb Your Enthusiasm, you need to give your head a shake(Peggy). There's not much on TV that I follow, those two shows are my MUST SEE TV.

Well this was a long mostly uninteresting post. I'm kind of drained. It was a rather late night and an ungodly early morning. I'll be posting more soon. Working 7 days a week at a thankless job tends to kill any desire to do something you enjoy.

'slater,

Luthor...werd

No comments: