Saturday, July 16, 2005

Say One Thing, Do Another...

So I said I was going to be updating a lot this week and didn't end up doing any updates at all. I think I have some kind of writers block. I tried to write a couple of things during the week but nothing really turned out the way I wanted it to, so I put them in ye olde blogs "saved posts" file and there they still be.

This week was really really long. I did very little work and did very little else.

The one thing that I did do productively this week was plan my summer vacation. My buddy, Marc, and I have planned out more then a few days of frivolity.

First we're off to St Louis, Missouri to see a Cardinals game, tour Budweiser's brewing facility and take in the Gateway Arch.

Then we're off to Columbia to visit a friend and enjoy some wine and slushy drinks.

After that we're going to Terre Haute, Indiana. Why you ask? Well it seems the Indianapolis Colts are having an open training camp there. So we're going to crash that party and try to get some autographs from my boy Peyton and his crew.

Next up we're driving to Dayton, Ohio(or there abouts) to crash for a night and just kind of relax, but the next day, we're going back to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio. I'm of the impression things are going to be pretty insane around those parts come that time(it's the day after the Hall of Fame game), but Marc seems to think it will be dead and we'll have no problem getting in. Time will tell on that one I suppose. We might hit a few more spots after that as time and money allow.

I think I'm going to work a little over the next week on changing the template for this blog. I've been talking about doing it for a while, and now that I have some time off, I might as well. I want to do something completely different. I have a few ideas(ask Peggy, she'll tell you), but since I'm neither HTML literate nor artistic, it's kind of hard. I'd like to register a domain name and turn this into a full website, but I'm weary of spending the money and not using the site often.

I also want to do a podcast, like badly. I don't talk about it often, but I went to college for radio and I think doing a weekly podcast might be like doing my radio show again, minus the whole music thing. I have wild ambitions and little drive, so who knows.

I'm really digging Morgan Spurlock's TV show, 30 Days. The basic concept of the show is to take someone and place them in a totally different life for 30 days and see how it changes them when the time is over. There's only been 5 episodes, thus far, but it's become something I just can't miss.

This weekend is the San Diego Comic-Con. San Diego was the first big comic book convention and remained that way for a long long time. Over the last few years its been over shadowed by the Wizard Convention in Chicago, but it's still huge. There's a lot of news coming out of it and I'm really very stoked about what's coming out comic wise over the next year.

Speaking of comics(well kind of but not really), I've decided on my next tattoo. I'm just looking for someone to design it for me. If you are artistic and interested or know anyone who would be interested email me and let me know. It's really simple and wouldn't require a whole heck of a lot of effort. Let me know.

Hopefully you'll hear more out of me in the coming days.

'slater,

Luthor...werd

PS: Check out my side bar over the next few days, I'll be adding My Digg News to it shortly. By the way, you should be checking out Diggnation, a weekly podcast featuring Kevin Rose and Alex Albrecht.

No comments: