Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year...I think.

So I know what you are thinking. It's like 5AM, on New Year's and I'm posting on my blog...so I must be drunk.

Right?

Alas, WRONG!

Unfortunately, I've been under the weather since the start of the Holiday Season, with a major breakout of an alcohol related flu that has lasted more then three days and left me in no state to go out and be Merry on New Year's.

I just had the itch to post, and since I haven't done so in a while I thought I would kind of catch up on where I am.

First and foremost, work sucks...still. Yay.

A lot has gone on in my personal life since the last time I updated this regularly. I started dating and it was scary for a while there.

I met a lot of nice girls, some umm not so nice girls and one very scary girl.

I've been dating one girl in particular for over a month now and things are going well. After everything that has happened, my frame of mind is to take things as they come and to ride this wave where ever it takes me.

I know that's just common sense, but after being head over heels and blindly following my heart, I think my new frame of mind will get me further in the long run.

My Aunt and Cousin are still living here. It's bearable, but there are times when I would really like to just tell them to shut the f#ck up and get out of my house.

My Mom is still my Mom. We have good days and we have bad days. She had knee surgery last week and has been really retarded since. The day she had the surgery she was quite literally jumping on her bum leg, just because she felt "so damn good." Modern drugs are a wonderful thing...until they wear off and she was unable to walk. So much for feeling "so damn good."

Comics rule right now. I find myself being more and more drawn in to DC's Infinite Crisis. The whole line is leading to this big event and you can just feel it. It's spectacular.

I'm reading a book called "Men of Tomorrow" which is about the inception of the comic book industry. It's a really great read. Some of the stories within are heart breaking, some are funny, and some are kind of perverted(read up on the creator of Wonder Women sometime).

Wrestling is still showing it's ups and downs. TNA's product is really good, but lacking that umpf storyline or character to really show that they have what it takes to be a super contender. WWE has weeks that are great and then weeks where I question why I am still a fan of the product at all(Dr. Hienie anyone?).

The Chicago Bears, my other passion in life, are kicking ass and taking names. We won our division and got a first round bye and a home field playoff spot. I don't think there is a team in the NFL that can beat us at home, but I don't know about the road. Time will tell on that one. But for now...GO BEARS!!!

My computer is about to die. I think my motherboard is fried. I spent most of tonight looking at barebones systems. If she can't handle the load over the next few days, I'm thinking I'm in the market for a new machine in the near future.

I'm not sure what else to write about. My one New Year's Resolution to try and be a little more vigilante with updating this...but since I said that you know it's not going to happen...HAW!

Well again, Happy New Year and I hope the season gave you every gift you hoped for.

Talk to you all again soon.

'slater,

Luthor...werd

No comments: